How Long Does It Take to Get Pregnant?This number varies, so it’s important not to compare yourself to other couples and expect the same results. A 2002 study done in the journal Human Reproduction studied 346 women who were trying to get pregnant over one year. 38% of the women got pregnant within 1 month, 68% within 3 months, 81% within 6 months, and 92% within 12 months. The remaining 8% did not conceive during the first year. Some couples can take up to 2 or 3 years to conceive.
What Can Make Conception Take Longer?A number of factors can affect your fertility. Age is one of the biggest of these. For women, fertility can begin to drop beginning in their 30s. For men, fertility typically doesn’t decline until about 50. Lifestyle factors can also make conception more or less likely. Smoking, excessive drinking, and high levels of caffeine can all inhibit fertility. Being unhealthy or significantly overweight can also make conceiving harder. In addition, many women trying to conceive are coming off of birth control. It typically takes a full cycle (or about a month) for your body to return to normal and baby-readiness after you stop taking birth control.
When Should You See a Fertility Specialist?
Before you start trying to conceive, you should visit your doctor for a general checkup and inform them that you are trying to get pregnant. They can make sure that you are healthy and that your body is ready for a baby. However, most couples do not have any fertility tests performed when they start trying to conceive. Typically, you can wait until you’ve been trying for a year. Then, the two of you may want to visit a fertility specialist to see whether you have any fertility problems. If you do, you may want to pursue treatment options to help you have a baby. If you are trying to conceive at 35 or older, you should visit a fertility specialist if you haven’t conceived within 6 months. This ensures that you don’t waste any of your precious time.
Fertility support is an essential part of conception, whether you are just starting out or have been trying for some time. Regular lubricants are proven to have negative effects on the fertilization process and should be avoided when you are trying to conceive. BUY HERE